Sunday, May 25, 2008

Yarr!

It has been less than a week since I left the life of high security and moved to being a full time pirate. So much has happened in that short time that it all feels like a blur. I have scored nearly 20 kills since I joined my new corp and podded probably almost half of the poor suckers afterwards. My security rating is now -9 and nearing that magical -10 point that I want to attain. I have lost several ships and been podded once myself. I have decided that the Vexor is NOT my favorite ship after all and I still prefer the speedy (and cheap) goodness that only my Incursus can provide. I took part in my first 1v1 arranged duel between Vexor's (and won). I got myself massacred by a skilled pilot in a well equipped Rifter and then aligned with him in a gang soon after. I have accidentally returned to high security space TWICE and both times been caught immediately by CONCORD and destroyed for it. I have, for the first time ever, destroyed ships of a higher class than myself (a destroyer and a cruiser) while flying my frigate. Lastly, I have discovered that it is most certainly possible to fund a life of crime simply off the loot and salvaging of wrecks on the battlefield and I have not had to take on a single mission in quite some time because of it. Here is an example of the loot attained from just a single encounter (although it is possible that I was not actually part of the encounter and simply scavenged these items afterwards):


So many new things in such a short period of time and I must admit that I love it. The thrill of the pirates life is not a myth and it is most certainly for me.

No comments: