Friday, August 8, 2008

Oh The Humanity!

Red lights flashing all around me. Alarms wailing. Confetti flying. My pony neighing at the top of his lungs. My ship was breaking apart around me. I dropped to my knees and screamed to the ceiling "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as my Brutix completed it's collapse. My pod was thrown into space all by its lonesome. Stonesmasher No 4 was down, my pony was dead and I was now late for my pedicure. How had things gone so wrong?


I had been returning to the station to change ships when I came upon one of my own corporation members and a neutral pilot, both in Thorax cruisers, sitting outside. My mate encouraged me to engage and he would do the same. We would take some gate gun fire but I could pound through a cruiser easy and then just warp away before it was a problem. So we went to attack but before we could, the neutral pilot simply docked! What a girl. I sat, waiting for his return when another pilot undocked in a Catalyst destroyer. I grinned. Easy, breezy, beautiful, dead Catalyst pilot. I locked and destroyed his ship quickly and the gate guns opened fire. I began to align to warp away when the Thorax pilot from a few moments ago undocked and saw me slowly aligning my big battlecruiser to leave. He locked on to me and turned on the warp scrambler and suddenly I was between a rock and a hard place. As he began to assault me with his medium blasters, I engaged and did the same but realized there was no way I was going to come out of this fight a winner thanks to the fact that the station guns had been and were going to continue to pound on me. I recalled my drones, turned off my offensive modules and sent a docking request to the station.

Denied?! For hostile actions? But we were just playing around? Please, let me in!

Denied.

Denied.

Denied.

I sent request after request after request to the station trying to dock my ship back up as it was ground down by my opponents blasters and the stations sentry guns. Finally just as the flight controller seemed to be ready to allow me in, the hull of my Brutix was breached and the alarms began to sound. Red lights flashing all around me. Alarms wailing. Confetti flying. My pony neighing at the top of his lungs. My ship was breaking apart around me. I dropped to my knees and screamed to the ceiling "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as my Brutix completed it's collapse. My pod was thrown into space all by its lonesome. Stonesmasher No 4 was down, my pony was dead and I was now late for my pedicure.

Damn it.

8 comments:

Mick said...

Damn, that's unlucky :( Why didn't your friend undock to engage the thorax? I'm sure it would have been destroyed if both of you focused fire.

Sentry guns aren't a problem, as long as you can perma tank them. Otherwise, you'll need to quickly assault and get your ass outta there. Seems you just got really unlucky :(

Hopefully this won't turn you off big ships any more than it already has, as they are fun to use, trust me :P

Nik_Fiiur said...

I hope you bought a clone for your pony!

Manasi said...

no Pony clone eh, and what exactly were you doing getting a damned pony? Hmmmm? true space pirates don't have ponies, that have War Beasts ( okay so maybe it is still a pony but you get the point) names mean something ya know!

Better luck with a pony clone next time, I promise onyl to tell 3 people that you and your "pony" were alone in your room for a time...lol

-TC
Manasi

Patrick said...

You're not having much luck with the battlecruisers. :(

Dexter said...

MR. PILKINS??? NOOOoooooooo!!!!

Maybe you should try Sea Monkeys. Even in the vacuum of space the glob of water should stay together enough for them to live. :)

Mynxee said...

I told him to use hamsters! Way cheaper.

Sorry about your Brutix, Spec...but ya gotta at least give a golf clap to that Thorax pilot for taking advantage of the situation. And...here's a new pony for ya.

wensley said...

Sorry to hear about the death of Mr Pilkins. When will they get around to making pony pods, that's what I want to know.

Damn that aggression timer. I've been caught out by it a couple of times but never in anything bigger than a frigate.

CrazyKinux said...

Darn unlucky indeed. So, how was the pedicure? =) wink wink!