Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cocky

Cocky Frigates

I am tempted to go into an in-depth rant about the Quantum Rise changes and their effect on combat but I will instead keep it simple and detail one of the upsides. Everyone seems to be flying a decked out assault frigates and they are all so cocky that they think they can take on a well fit cruiser: Ishkur and Wolf.

Cocky Miners

Basking in the glow of killing a rigged Wolf and looting his faction armor repairer, I was traveling home to Evati. Passing through the system of Frerstorn, I gave a glance at the directional scanner. A silent alarm went off in my head as the scanner reported a Hulk mining exhumer within range. Some quick scanner sleuthing caused me to determine he was out there somewhere, but not at any warpable object. I needed probes and I needed them NOW:

[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > uhhhhh
[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > hulk in frerstorn? 
[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > am i seeing something wrong here?

[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > someone bring a prboer to frerstorn


[ 2008.11.15 ] Mynxee > i can do it. link the system please

[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > frerstorn

[ 2008.11.15 ] Mynxee > omw


After a short wait, Mynxee had arrived and located our target which had now been joined by a second Hulk. How I wished I had a wingman or a second warp scrambler... one would have to do. Mynxee provided me with their location and I warped in and landed directly on top of one of the miners. I warp scrambled, unleashed my arsenal and attempted to ransom the fellow for a perfectly reasonable amount:

[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > for 100 million i will leave 
[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > you have 30 seconds to comply by transfering the money into my wallet

[ 2008.11.15 ] Riga Mortis > 100 mil - yeah right

[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > die then 
[ 2008.11.15 ] Riga Mortis > lol - 100 mil - real world mate...

[ 2008.11.15 ] Riga Mortis > sheeeesh


He was not willing to pay so I finished the job and listened to the resulting whining:

[ 2008.11.15 ] Riga Mortis > 100mil for a hulk? 
[ 2008.11.15 ] Riga Mortis > lol

[ 2008.11.15 ] Spectre3353 > thats a perfectly reasonable request buddy

[ 2008.11.15 ] Riga Mortis > yeah right... lol


Cocky POS Tower?

Yesterday I participated in my first POS take down when we attacked an offline small Caldari tower. I can assure everyone after this experience that I will never intentionally take part in anything that boring and monotonous again. Boring. At least the view was good:

Moros + Capital Blasters = Awesome


More Blasters


Big Badda-Boom

8 comments:

Xephys said...

Hulk pilot was a twat for not giving 100mil.

Mynxee said...

Nano-Hulk 4TL. That was a pretty entertaining collaboration, Spec. Did he even have drones? I don't recall. Why he didn't pay--or at least make a counter offer--is a mystery to me.

Guess I should fit a point on my cov ops ship for future encounters with foolish individuals, huh?

Letrange said...

not necessarily aren't hulks around 88 mil these days? It might have been cheaper to just take the loss

skye said...

I'm not your buddy, pal!

Flashfresh said...

There are many people out there who appear to be cocky. Nice kill on the wolf; the assault frigate has been given a new life BUT; a well kitted out and piloted cruiser can still kill 'em. As you have shown. Nice pick up on the centi SAR too.

Flash

Dexter Tripod said...

letrange - yes the ship is only 88mil, but when you add in his 2 poly rigs, 3 T2 strippys, and the other mods, 100mil would've been a bargain.

Nice kill Spec, and nice scanning Mynxee!

Tony said...

Haha, stupid miners.

Ombey said...

Poly rig on a Hulk? Interesting. I'd have paid the ransom tbh.

And yeah, POS takedowns are very very dull indeed.