Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lachesis Fits & My Alter Ego

Lachesis

I have been having a good time recently flying around in my Lachesis. It is a little bit funny that I actually spent months training for Gallente Recon Cruisers with the Arazu in mind yet I have barely even undocked it. On the other hand, the Lachesis has already taken the top spot as my most flown ship since the reformation of The Python Cartel. It's DPS is a bit mediocre but if you ignore damps and instead just fit for tackle and a tank, you can lock down multiple ships from over 50KM away all while tanking considerably better than a normal T1 cruiser would on top of the speed/range tank you already get from being a long range ship. The patented awesome Spectre fits that I have come up with:

[Lachesis, Blasters]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Warp Scrambler II
X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II

Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
'Arbalest' Assault Missile Launcher
'Arbalest' Assault Missile Launcher

Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hammerhead II x3
Hobgoblin II x2

Relatively high DPS, good tank and the ability to lock down ships with up to three points from pretty long range. The only big downside is the cost to performance ratio. It does have some advantages over the Thorax/Vexor but is the better tackle and slightly improved tank worth 3-4x the cost of a tech I cruiser? The Lachesis hull by itself is going for around 55 million ISK which is very cheap for a recon but frankly very expensive for a cruiser. It can be tough to justify putting this ship in blaster range considering what it costs.

[Lachesis, Ranged]
Damage Control II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Capacitor Power Relay II

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
Warp Disruptor II
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II
Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution

Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I
'Malkuth' Heavy Missile Launcher I

Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Hammerhead II x3
Hobgoblin II x2

Now this one I really love. It's by no means a solo ship but when flown in conjunction with a Rapier/Huginn and a couple other DPS cruisers it works out great. Two points from 50KM+, three webs from your Minmitar friend and let the rest of your gang do the DPS. The other ships don't even really have to bring tackle if they don't want to. Best off, it is a very low risk ship. A pretty good tank that can handle sentries and operates from well outside scramble range of other ships. I've lost a few so far but only to my own stupidity, not because of this fits shortcomings.

Mission Alt

Well... I did it. This decision probably isn't going to make me popular in the pirate community but I have activated another account, spent most of the money I had left on a Raven and started learning the ways of Level IV missions under Skye's tutalage. It isn't pretty and I'm not proud but I need to be able to afford new shiny toys. In a couple of months my alt should be done training skills to adequately solo most Level IV's just in time for me to start needing money to purchase an Ishtar (or ten).

My Raven Getting Shotted With Missiles

4 comments:

Blammo said...

You used be be cool man.

Yargok said...

Two thumbs up to all recon tacklers/probers!!

Us low-grade soldiers only have to sit in space and wait for a served, tackled and probed down victim!

I still recommend you to give up the missioning and do trades instead..

Use the alt for scouting. :)

Omgah said...

You could always dump the second account and buy two plexs keep one to cover your single account and sell the other. It would cost the same as having a mission alt unless you decided to grind enough missions to buy plexs for both of your accounts.

Htrag said...

haha, self owned!

at least u will be able to afford a new taranis.