Friday, June 19, 2009

What It Takes To Kill A Taranis

We gathered our ships at the entrance to lawless space. Funny how we have spent so much time trying to circumvent the law in empire but we never really headed out into regions that they did not control to try and practice our craft. Taranis, Nemesis, Ishkur, Sabre, Tristan, Crusader and Stilletto. With a small, fast gang of frigates that hopefully would not garner too much attention or be easily caught, we jumped into nullsec and began our trip. We caught a few ships and lost one of our own but in general the run was quiet. The hours crept by. Syndicate, Outer Ring, Cloud Ring, Fade, Deklein, Branch, Venal and then finally Tribute. We must have done a hundred jumps and my eyes were blurry and bloodshot. "This place sucks" I remember thinking. The lack of sentries made our frigates more effective but what does it matter if there is no one around?

As we moved into the Morsus Mihi controlled system of D7-ZAC I spotted a heavy interdictor on the gate. I tackled the Phobos and the rest of my gang jumped in to beat on his armor as long as we could before he decided to jump. I checked my scanner for potential help but all I saw was ships that couldn't possibly do us any harm. Devoter, Flycatcher... Erebus? It isn't every day you see a titan on scan and I assumed it must be at a POS nearby until I saw it arrive only kilometers away. A titan? On my overview? I watched as my gangmates moved themselves into position to flee and began to warp but I froze for a few seconds, gaping at the mechanical monstronsity. It was so huge, and... and glowing orange? I had only a few more moments to sit back and realize my mistake as the discharge was finalized. My Taranis was vaporized. The rest of my fleet had been smart enough to warp out but I had been too dumbfounded by the situation and paid the price...


6 comments:

Lanissum said...

Overkill much any1?

Mynxee said...

That is hilarious! All pirates should go there and entice them to deliver our demise in this oh so special way. I'd like to see that up close and personal. Might just do it.

Dexter Tripod said...

So THAT's how you kill those damn things! :-P

Helicity Boson said...

@mynxee go with us next time then! we live close now and all

Teister said...

Titans are common now days sadly...my guys get hot dropped usually once or twice a month and we rarely operate in anything over the size of a BC.

But what's cool is once you get used to getting hot dropped, the DD is pretty easy to avoid.

Tony "EVE's Weekend Warrior" said...

Really... Wow...

Someone brought a Titan to kill some frigates. Small epeen much?!?!