Friday, October 16, 2009

It's October

Wow. I have been pretty bad the past few weeks when it comes to posting. It's probably because I have always tried to keep myself from posting blog entries simply for the sake of posting blog entries. Nothing irritates me more than checking Google Reader and finding several posts from other bloggers that say things like:


"SORRY I HAVE NOT BLOGGED RECENTLY LOLZ WILL DO IT SOON LOLZ XD"

Why even bother posting that? I personally don't even publish a completed post if I don't feel it is going to be interesting or that it is up to my high standards. I have dozens of unpublished or half-finished posts sitting in this very blog that will never see the light of day because they didn't feel or flow right. I wish I could say that my style is just different but I blog in this way simply because I am a higher caliber than the rest of the Eve-Online blogosphere. I am a gift to you all and I want you to know that you can always count on me to class things up. Always.

At Least Someone Does

Andrea Skye Is A Sexually Confused and Talentless Hack

I don't even know where to begin on this one. Let's just start here:


That is me, yet again, squashing Skye's hopes of being at the top. Every time he puts forth effort to try and close the gap, I pull away with ease by simply being what I am: THE BEST. I am the better pilot and this list of internet spaceship video game score points proves it beyond a doubt.

Additional factors working against Skye:
  • He is a dude with a girls name.
  • He plays World of Warcraft.
  • He says "bu'uh" instead of "butter".
  • He flies Caldari (including the Rook/Falcon).
  • He is a dude with a girls name.
Seriously. What a turd.

Andrea Skye Every Saturday Night

00sage00 Is A Cheater Who Also Cheats

I got into a discussion with fellow pirate blogger 00sage00 in an in-game chat that we both tend to frequent. It stemmed from me linking my trimarked Rifter fit and him telling me that I should be flying a Punisher if I want a T1 frig with trimarks and a plate buffer. I told him he was wrong and I would kick his ass if he brought a Punisher down to fight me. What I wasn't expecting was that he would actually show up and I would have to back up my claim. Don't you hate it when people want you to stand behind what you say via actions and/or logic?

So Sage arrived in a Punisher equipped with autocannons, nos, a tracking disruptor, a plate, a small armor repairer and trimarks. I countered by dropping the web on my normal Rifter fit and putting on my own tracking disruptor to even things out. As the duel began and I sat at about 7 km peppering with Barrage, we realized that I could not do enough DPS to break the Punishers tank and Sage could not reach me to hit or do damage at all.

[ 23:29:21 ] Spectre3353 > youre not running out of cap, are you?
[ 23:29:31 ] 00sage00 > nope 
[ 23:29:32 ] 00sage00 > cap stable

[ 23:29:33 ] Spectre3353 > hmmmm

This was a lame way to fight anyhow. Stalemates are stupid. We should be fighting like men!

[ 23:30:13 ] Spectre3353 > take off the td and fit a web or an ab
[ 23:30:17 ] Spectre3353 > ill take off my td and fit a web
[ 23:30:20 ] Spectre3353 > and we can duel like men

So we did. As the second duel began, I went in to orbit at point blank and unleashed all my fury. There was no way Sage could stand up to my better skills, better modules and even better implants. I kept thinking this as my armor slowly dipped to half while Sage was easily repping me, even with my guns overheated. It was about this time I realized that I still had Barrage loaded instead of Republic Fleet EMP. I banged my head against the wall as my Rifter popped and I lost yet another frigate duel. It was just luck. Or cheating. Yea, that's it. He cheated.

[ 23:48:24 ] 00sage00 > moral of story: don't trimark a rifter :P 
[ 23:48:30 ] Spectre3353 > im still gonna do it

[ 23:48:32 ] Spectre3353 > YOU CANT STOP ME

Real Men Buffer Tank (Skye Probably Fits A Repper)

Spectre Is Still Running For CSM (As Long As CCP Says It's Ok)

Submissions for CSM have had the final date moved back to October 19th so we should hopefully hear soon that I have been officially accepted as a candidate for CSM. Once this has gone down, I will be posting a number of specific ideas on my blog about changes to the game, mostly geared towards lowsec, that I would like to see. I will probably run these posts up until at least when voting starts on November 12th. I encourage everyone to check out this thread and give it a nice bump by asking questions or showing your support. It would be very much appreciated and I look forward to an entertaining campaign and a chance to make Eve a better place than I already have. Thanks everyone!

P.S. I have gotten a couple requests for interviews on other blogs and/or podcasts. If any additional groups or individuals are interested in also obtaining an interview in relation to the CSM candidacy, please contact me in game via chat or an in-game mail and I would be happy to work something out.

11 comments:

Andrea skye said...

WTF! how did u find that picture of me?

xmadjackx said...

I would be inclined to mention you and your candidacy on the next BOZOKast, but I'm not sure. I was left feeling a bit agitated that you didn't get off your ass and post in our blog contest. We ended up having to give our super awesome one of a kind Tshirt to somebody else...

Teister said...

hmm, it appears I've used the wrong log in thingy to comment here. That was me up there...

Alagus said...

Fun read!

Spectre said...

Skye: The internet is a wonderful tool.

Teister: I actually did try writing an entry to the contest but I couldn't come up with any posts I felt were any good. Like I stated in this very blog post, I usually prefer to post nothing rather than something I don't feel happy with.

P.S. I wanted a KEYCHAIN. T-shirts are for suckers.

Agile Nakajima said...

My internet spaceships game name is Agile Nakajima and I endorse this post, blog, and run for internet spaceships game players' council thingummy.

Please continue doing what you do.

Mynxee said...

Andrea is fatter than I imagined. *smirks* HA Spec, you might get my CSM votes but I'm getting that t-shirt and didn't even WANT the keychain. SO HA.HA.HA.

Teister said...

Interesting that you said 'T-shirts are for suckers'. That will be really funny later...

ARMSTONG said...

I want to set up a booth at the fanfest thing were I arm wrestle people and if they win they get a ship.

Yargok said...

So much.. hurt and pain!

Did you loose a duel against Skye or?

Anyway.. I applaud you for refraining to post until you have good materials.. I myself post whatever crap I can think of, but then nobody reads it, so I dont have the pressure you do! :P

Nashh Kadavr said...

Another funny read. props to 00sage00 for the kill, unlucky for you...

Untill we meet again Spectre, I promise to do my worst next time.