Friday, November 9, 2012

Ever Vigilant

The Setup

Last night we scheduled a roam. I gave the fleet three options as to what they wanted to fly:

(1) Nano Cruisers
(2) Frigs/Destroyers
(3) Battleships

Stabber Fleet Issue
My vote was for battleships. Half a dozen folks just wandering around lowsec in battleships isn't something you get to see that often but alas I wound up getting most of the votes for nano cruisers and a couple for frigs. Nano cruisers are fine but I have been a bit sour since the loss of my good friend. I had my Cynabal for quite a while and it's a hell of a ship. Actually our corp has had a bit of a Cynabal death week as three of us lost them in three different engagements around lowsec. With it's current cost of close to 300 million ISK to replace and fit, I decided to look into other comparable options like the Vagabond and Stabber Fleet Issue. With SFI's running for only about 50 mil, Vagabonds closer to 130 million ISK and Cynabal's at a whopping 230 mil just for the hull, I went with the Stabber. The initial fit I came up with is thus:

[Stabber Fleet Issue, Nano]
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Overdrive Injector System II
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M

Medium Hybrid Ambit Extension I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Valkyrie II x3
Warrior II x2

Immediately upon sharing this fit I was berated by my corpmates for wasting too much space on speed/agility and tank. For comparison, this was my old Cynabal fit:

[Cynabal, Nano]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Shadow Serpentis Warp Disruptor
Stasis Webifier II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
425mm AutoCannon II, EMP M
50W Infectious Power System Malfunction

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Valkyrie II x5

Cynabal
The difference is pretty stark. While the SFI gets better tracking and about 4,000 EHP more of a buffer tank with these setups, it's DPS is incredibly mediocre. Less drones, less falloff, less straight up damage from the guns. According to EFT the difference is 494 DPS vs 364 DPS when you include drone damage. The Cynabal also still has a faster max speed, even with the devotion of an entire extra low slot on my SFI to an Overdrive Injector. In actual practice so far, I found that things are even worse than they look. My SFI fit does crap for damage anywhere outside of 2 KM away and I either need to (1) drop the OD and add another Gyrostabilizer or (2) stop trying to make the Stabber Fleet Issue into a ship it's not and just spend the money on a Vagabond or Cynabal.


No Drone Left Behind

We had a really great turnout, about twice as many folks as I was expecting. When all was said and done, we had 12 pilots in fleet mostly in a variety of T2 Nano Cruisers with a little splash of Nanocane and an Ares for scout/tackle. Generally when looking for trouble in the past we would roam to Tama and then to Old Man Star but the past few weeks have shown Rakapas to be the most active spot in our local region. Jammed full of faction warfares newbs, we found ourselves in Rakapas with all of our ships at a planet, encouraging an enemy gang to come engage with us:

[ 03:20:24 ] Andrea Skye > planet 4 you bunch of fucking pussies
[ 03:20:26 ] Andrea Skye > lets fucking rock
[ 03:20:29 ] Andrea Skye > you tiny balled cunts
[ 03:20:32 ] Andrea Skye > i will wreck all of you

We saw a couple of ships lands 100 KM off, take a glance at our gang and warp away. For anyone not super familiar with PvP in lowsec or really, ANYWHERE in Eve, sitting in one spot with most of your fleet visible is never a good idea. There is rarely a situation where given enough time, your opponents cannot simply pull together a fleet that is bigger than or counters what you are showing them. The longer you sit there, the more likely it becomes you are just increasing their odds of winning an encounter and ensuring your own doom.

Slight Overkill in Mara

Then again, if you want to get fights, sometimes you have to just not care. So we sat there. After what seemed like forever, ships finally started to land. A Thorax, Rupture, Omen Navy Issue, Vigilant, some other crap. Nothing that looked like it posed much of a threat to a bunch of nano'd cruisers. We primaried the Vigilant and laid into him. Soon after, two Oneiros's landed. As the Vigilant finally went down, one Oneiros became primary and the other became the main target for neuts. Then the scale tipped as several MORE Caldari faction warfare ships landed to support their gang and among them was a Falcon. With our current primary Oneiro's at about half armor, I called for the retreat and told everyone to get out of the fight zone as the squids continued to warp in and Andrea Skye flipped out over voice comms about how ECM drones had jammed him for the entire fight. In the end we lost Ospie's Curse and Lazer's Hurricane. In return we got the killmail for a faction fit Vigilant and some fun. We had quite a bit of utility in our gang but not nearly enough DPS and it showed. Had we been able to lay into our opponents more, we likely would have killed more ships before having to bail.

Like always, half of the fun was the smacktalk and trolling afterward:

[ 03:30:35 ] Andrea Skye > YOU ALL SUCK DICKS
[ 03:30:35 ] Arahabaki > CRY CRY
[ 03:30:36 ] Andrea Skye > YOU ARE SHIT
[ 03:30:44 ] Nahzgul > lol
[ 03:30:46 ] Kobrakilla > LOL
[ 03:30:52 ] Nahzgul > you guts talk alot
[ 03:30:54 ] gwa84 > rofle fuck of back to hi sec you tards
[ 03:30:56 ] dragonrider000 > cry more pls my ship needs more fuel
[ 03:30:57 ] Nahzgul > guys*
[ 03:31:03 ] XTCFreq > hi guys
[ 03:31:03 ] Senenkoroshi > someone sounds mad...get killed by noobs?
[ 03:31:09 ] Arahabaki > GO HOME WANNABE PIRATES
[ 03:31:10 ] Chavu > Like is this the first time you ever did pvp?
[ 03:31:15 ] Andrea Skye > YOU TALK BIG IN YOUR RETARDED MASSIVE GANG
[ 03:31:20 ] Chavu > This is hilarious


We Have Fun...

...and we are looking for a few more pilots to solidify our lineup. Sometime in the next few days I will set up the Python Cartel recruitment forums and we will open recruitment for a little bit. If anyone is interested now and impatient please contact Spectre3353 or Golden Helmet or Andrea Skye or Kobrakilla in game.

4 comments:

Andrea skye said...

ill wreck you all in my scimi yo

Anonymous said...

Fistly you really shoudnt put hybrid rigs on projectlie ships, seconldy use less nanos/overdrives (actually your fine with none at all, just use loki links) and put at least two trackinge enahncers on both ships.


But nice that your back!

Spectre said...

Yea I actually noticed after I posted this that my EFT fit not actually accurate. The fit in game didn't have an Overdrive but had a 2nd Gyrostabilizer. I'm not sure why I thought I fit an OD.

The hybrid rig part was just an EFT error. It's actually a projectile ambit but thanks for catching it :)

I'm too lazy to fix the post. I'm just going to leave it as proof I'm retarded.

Sarah xCalibre said...

Hi! I r interested in joinin, can I plz?! I can haz teach you about incursus fits!

Sidenote, its fun to see you guys back and kicking! And your blog is good as always Spectre.