Friday, December 7, 2012

Algos

With the latest Eve expansion comes some neat new ships! The most interesting are the new destroyers of which we have the Amarr Dragoon, Caldari Corax, Minmitar Talwar and Gallente Algos. Since the Corax and Talwar are both missile based ships I pretty much immediately dismissed them. I don't use stupid missiles. Real men use big guns! ...and drones! After messing around with the Dragoon a bit too it seems like a pretty bad choice for solo with its lack of mid-slots so that pretty much leaves the Algos as my only choice to try out of the new ships. For anyone not familiar with what this ship is:



So my first thought is obviously to fit this thing with the biggest drones it can fit and BLASTERS. This is what I came up with initially:

[Algos, Blasters]
Pseudoelectron Containment Field I
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
 
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
 
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Light Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]
 
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I
 
Hobgoblin II x3
Hammerhead II x2
Warrior II x5

440 DPS normal, 480 DPS overheated, 8700 EHP. Unfortunately with a 900m optimal and no web, I'm not sure how often that full blaster DPS will actually be applied but it has the potential to drop some crazy DPS on bigger, less mobile ships. A flight of Warrior II's to protect against frigates but frankly it's slow and the Warrior II DPS isn't great so I kind of feel like this thing could get kited and reamed by a lot of the fast frigs running around lowsec right now. Let's try something a little more versitile:

[Algos, Nano]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
 
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
Medium Shield Extender II
 
75mm Gatling Rail II, Spike S
75mm Gatling Rail II, Spike S
75mm Gatling Rail II, Spike S
75mm Gatling Rail II, Spike S
75mm Gatling Rail II, Spike S
[empty high slot]
 
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
 
Valkyrie II x2
Warrior II x3
Warrior II x2

Only 228 DPS but the ability to apply it from out past 20KM. Even with Antimatter in those rails they are going to hit and seriously hurt even smaller ships at close range. This seems to be the best all around EFT Warrior fit I could come up with.

I am interested in others reports on how well the new destroyers are faring so far. Only time will tell how well they actually fit into their roles as anti-frigate platforms and how they compare to their partners in the Catalyst, Coercer, Thrasher and Cormorant.

4 comments:

Spectre said...

Moments after this post I lost my first Algos using that blaster fit by stupidly getting into a fight with a Jaguar. Fighting ASB + AB fit Jaguars in a blaster fit with no web = horrible mismatch.

Kirith Kodachi said...

Yeah, my blaster algos I had a web for this reason. Lost it to a hard hitting daredevil, but it might have been pilot error :P

PLease let us know how the rail algos fares, I'm intrigued.

Andrea skye said...

Stop losing destroyers and play planetside

Anonymous said...

Using blasters against the right ship type. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15572259 This out of all the destroyers is a beast, and hits above it's weight class with blasters.

If you want to hit things at your weight class then I think the rails are probably better but haven't tried them yet.

Warriors travel at 7,600 with the 25% bonus and Hammies at a measly 2,4 -2,600 if memory serves me correctly.